Tuesday, July 12, 2011


Reflections from the Home Team February 23, 2011


"...I have felt your prayers and support over the past two weeks… and I want you to know it is a powerful thing to experience and I want to thank you for that!"

Tricia and I returned from Iowa City this afternoon with some good news.  After reviewing test results from today, Dr. Claman feels that my irregular labs are not due to cancer’s return, but rather due to either the infection I’ve been battling or the strong antibiotic I’ve been on.  Test results show that my white cell count is beginning to rebound which is positive.  I have been taken off those antibiotics and we will be monitoring my progress without them to see if I can manage to continue to improve.  Still some abnormalities, (I’ve always had those), but at this point, the “Visiting Team” has not returned to my “dugout”!

It has been a long two weeks, often without much sleep, so I hope now I can get “rested up” to finish out the school year strong!  You all have been a special part of my journey, and I can’t tell you how much it means to me and my family to have you all on my team.  I have felt your prayers and support over the past two weeks… and I want you to know it is a powerful thing to experience and I want to thank you for that!

I want to share something I read this past week as I have been thinking about a lot of things…  It comes from Pastor Blaine Schmidt, and it talks about how conversations with people we are close to are valued as we chat, laugh, cry, tell stories of joy and pain, sit for hours and then say, “Where did the time go?”  We value these ongoing relationships, and we should.  I know they have helped me along my journey!  Many of us pray with a wish list of wants.  “Lord God, please ….”  When we develop a relationship with God, like we do people, we can grow into the place of having prayer time that ends with asking, “Where did the time go?”  I’m thankful for having all of you “along for the ride” on my journey and have often asked over the past two years… “Where did the time go?”


May God’s comfort and strength be with each of you!

Sincerely,

Dave


Link to: Reflections from the Home Team BLOG:

Link to Youtube: Reflections from the "Home Team"... Go the Distance
            Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T48dqzhPah4
            Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP2ZapPoWtY
            Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eaJ71v_lQ8

Link to Tommy Emmanuel and "Angelina":
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhR04kmcSXU

No comments:

Post a Comment