Tuesday, July 12, 2011

8-9-2009




Romans 12:12 
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.


Well, it’s been a while since my last update… and I have to say it’s been quite a journey.  A journey I could not have made without each one of you and all the support, love, prayers and kind acts that have come our way during this time.  The Lord has blessed me with some good news, and that is that my PET scan on August 4th showed that the cancer cells in my body appear to be dead!  As of today, I am cancer free and a survivor!!!  My doctors were as thrilled as I was about the results and I thank God every day for their expertise, and compassionate demeanor.  This summer has been a difficult one as I have been battling some side effects following my cancer treatments and had surgery on July 28 to help correct some of the issues.  Initially, the surgery did not appear to be successful, but following a check up last Thursday, I am slowly making some progress.  I’m praying that things improve and that I can get back to a normal routine while regaining some strength and stamina before school starts.  I am anxious to get back to work and rededicate myself to serving the needs of our young people here in Cedar Falls.  I have certainly missed them during my time away.  All of you have a special place in my heart for all the help you provided both me and my family throughout the past six months.  We extend our most humble and sincere thanks for everything you have done for us. Most importantly, you have helped me toss a shutout against this formidable foe… Final score Home Team 9, Visitor 0!


Romans 12:12 
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment