Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Click here for Hope Lodge Information:  http://www.iowacity4.org/hope_lodge.html

I have now been cleared to begin treatments in Iowa City.  I had a “trial run” with radiation on Friday, March 20 and everything appears to be ready to go.  I will report Sunday, March 22nd to check into the Hope Lodge in Iowa City where I will begin the second inning of this contest.  The Hope Lodge is a service funded by the American Cancer Society and is a wonderful place where cancer treatment patients can interact and receive support during their treatment.  I feel fortunate to have such an opportunity!  Monday morning begins with a three hour chemotherapy session followed by radiation.  I shared with my family that if I turn “green” and get more muscular when agitated, beware, because the “Hulk” has nothing on me!  This may provide me with more than just “warning track” power.  Remember to take each day one at a time and make it a productive day!
 P.S. Special thanks to Mrs. Talbot and all her students who shared their “Teeth Tales” with me!  It has helped “take a bite” out of my treatments…

No comments:

Post a Comment